About Me

I am a working mom of two boys under the age of six. I love to talk about shopping and what the latest deals are. My friends and I are always finding the best ways to save money for our families. I can't wait to include other bloggers in my shopping discussion!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend Science Experiment: Snot

Rating:  2 out of 5
http://www.kidspot.com.au/kids-activities-and-games/Science%20experiments+10/Snot-recipe+10974.htm?

Jack has decided he would like to be a scientist when he grows up, so like any other supportive mother I have decided to do at home science experiments together.  This experiment started easily enough by boiling water.  Luckily I already had the supplies on hand so little preparation and forethought were required.  After we added the gelatin and corn syrup, I wasn't sure what to do next.  The gelatin created lumps that wouldn't mix into the syrup.  Jack stirred the mixture with a spoon for less than a minute and then walked away.  He did ask is next time we could make a different concoction.

No comments:

Post a Comment